Monday, November 8, 2010

family dynamics

Mark - My husband. 33 years old and an IT geek. Don't ask me what he does at work. I have no idea. I have asked several times, only to get lost about halfway through his shpeel. He and I have been together for 7.5 years, and married for 3. He is my daughter's stepdad, and unfortunately for all of us, they do not get along. Together, he and I have a son, whom I stay home with all day while my husband is at work.

Julie - Myself. I too am 33 years old and work as a medical assistant at an urgent care facility. I work evenings so that we don't have to pay for childcare. I like my job, but I feel like I miss out on a lot of family time. I typically only work from 4-8pm, three to four times per week. So I am still able to pick up my daughter from school, and be home in time to read to the kids and put them to bed at night.

Alyssa - My daughter. She is 11 years old and in sixth grade. She just started middle school and is having a really rough time. She is brilliant, gets straight A's and is super creative. She played both the flute and violin last year, the only child at her school to play two instruments in band/orchestra. This year she chose college prep as her elective, so she is not involved in music for now. Alyssa's biological father lives in Northern Ca, while we live in southern Ca. She typically flies up to see him and his family for one weekend a month. She and her stepmom also have it in for each other, as well as her two half sisters from her dad's side of the family. Alyssa is a very good kid, but her mouth often gets her in trouble.

Trenton - My son. He just turned 2 in August, and is the most well behaved child I have ever seen. We are VERY lucky. I've been told that boys are easier to take care of, and this is proving to be true. He is very mild mannered and laid back. He is talking a lot more now, and it's fun to hear his new words every day. It doesn't take much to make this kid happy! For now, we will be filling out his best/worst choices for him, until he is able to make the decisions on his own.

Well that's my immediate family. I hope to add more family members in the near future, but for now my project starts with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment